DIAGNOSTIC CHECKLIST FOR AIR CONDITIONING
This diagnostic checklist is a useful reference in case of trouble with your air conditioner. We find over 80% of problems can be solved having read through this page.
- The air filters are clean.
- The mode settings, making sure you have the correct setting for the season. e.g. Heating or Cooling. SUN Symbol is for Heating, SNOWFLAKE symbol for Cooling (these settings are controlled by your MODE button)
- There is nothing blocking the air inlet or outlet of the indoor and outdoor units.
- The temperature setting is appropriate.
- All windows and doors are closed.
- The air flow rate and air direction is set appropriately.
Check the batteries – to change the batteries, slide the remote panel unit it stops, then give it an extra tug to slide the panel completely off the remote. The batteries should now be exposed.
- Have the filters been cleaned recently? Filters need to be cleaned a minimum of every six months. Alternatively for a thorough clean of your system contact Peninsula Air Conditioning to arrange for a technician to carry out a General Service (recommended on a yearly basis). Find out what we do on a General Service.
- In cold weather wait 5 minutes as the system warms itself up before going into working mode; this is for system protection. If after 5 minutes still nothing happens switch the system off from the mains power source, either at the fuse box or isolator switch, and leave off for 20 minutes before turning back on and trying again.
- In heat mode – the frost of the outdoor unit melts into water or produces steam when the system is in defrost mode.
- In Cool or Dry mode – moisture in the air condenses into water on the cool surface of the system.
- We suggest a tray to be placed under the outdoor unit, alternatively a drain kit can be added at an additional cost.
This happens when the smells of the room, furniture or cigarettes are absorbed into the unit and discharged with air flow. If this happens we recommend our technician carries out a General Service on your system to try and eliminate the smells.
After operation is stopped: The outdoor fan continues rotating for another 30 seconds for system protection. While the air conditioning is not in operation: When the outdoor temperature is very high, the outdoor fan starts rotating for system protection.
The air conditioner may malfunction with lightning or radio waves. Turn off power at source, leave for about 20 minutes, and turn back ON again and try operating the air conditioner with the remote controller.
REPAIR AGAINST REPLACEMENT
Should I repair or replace my faulty air conditioning system?
We want you to be able to make an informed decision on whether to repair or replace your faulty air conditioning system, so here is some information to help.
There may be other parts that have caused a part to malfunction; this cannot be assessed until the faulty part has been replaced and is working correctly.
Whilst we make every endeavour to identify all the faults with your air conditioning system, there can be no guarantee that additional faults will not become apparent once the ones we have currently diagnosed are remedied; or indeed that another separate, non-related, item might fail in the near future. For all systems out of warranty we would strongly advise our clients to consider the cost of repair against the cost of purchasing a new system together with the peace of mind that a 5 year warranty brings.
DAIKIN VIDEO - SPLIT SYSTEM AIR CONDITIONERS
DAIKIN VIDEO - DUCTED AIR CONDITIONERS
COMPARE AND SAVE
Calculate the annual running costs of Daikin systems with this easy to use web tool
To help you make a better decisions when it comes to researching and replacing your Daikin system with a more energy efficient option, Daikin’s ‘Compare & Save’ lets you calculate the running costs of a range of Daikin systems dating back over the last 15 years with a current Daikin model.
AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE - MISCELLANEOUS
Refrigerant piping and gas leaks are only covered by a 1 year warranty. All care and attention is taken on installation but refrigerant gas leaks still can occur. A slight knock to the system can damage the pipes or loosen connections at the flare and cause a leak. Depending upon where the leak is found, this may be claimable under Daikin’s warranty.
Our prices are stated here on our website. We will advise you at the time of booking that when we call you to confirm the day of our visit we will ask for credit card details. Giving us your details authorises us to take payment from your credit card. This saves us extra administration in chasing up payments after the event.
Health and Safety of our technicians is paramount. If upon arrival the technician cannot carry out the service/repair due to health and safety reasons or difficult access, we will either carry out what we can or reschedule for another date; Any recommendations for safe working will be forwarded to you.
We will email you a confirmation after a booking request has been received. It will advise our procedures and your price for our visit, as discussed.
An air balance is not included in a General Service. Depending upon how many rooms require balancing and the length of time required to carry it out, extra labour charges will be incurred. This would be assessed when carrying out a general service and we would arrange to return at another date.
Once we receive your booking request, a job is created and is put in a pending list awaiting scheduling. Please advise days or dates that would work best for you, or we should avoid, to assist with our scheduling. When we confirm the booking with you we can only advise an AM or PM time slot.
- AM is 7.30-13.00
- PM is 12.00-17.00
There are various types of filters for different systems and setups; we may not keep a record of this when your system is installed. We can assess your filters when carrying out a general service on your system and advise if they need to be replaced.